Saturday, June 29, 2013

How I Spent My Saturday






I had a wonderful day today.  First I picked up a mare that was bred to an outside stallion.  Her baby has grown so much and she is really getting a pretty chocolate color with a white mane and tail.  Below is a not so good picture of WOF Livin the Dream.  She is following Mom out to the pasture after a long day on the horse trailer. 
 
This year I don't have a stallion to use for breeding.  Pictures 1, 3,4 and 6 are pictures of my stallion, Sky's on Fire.  He is the son of Sonny's Silver Dollar and is a coming 6 year old.  Sky hasn't been ridden enough to  get him ready to be a breeding stallion and still have his head on straight.  Chris and Stacie Tipton are doing a fantastic job with him getting him to work as he should under saddle.  Sky will be ready to stand as a breeding stallion this fall.  In the meantime, you will be seeing him at events such as the ACTHA rides and look for him at the World Show at the KEC  near Winchester.  Sky will be making a special appearance at the Parade of Stallions at the Rocky Mountain International Grand Championships in September and the Futurity in October at the KMSHA International Grand Championships. 
 
Sky is a very unusual color.  He is a red chocolate roan.  His color is really popping these days under the capable hands of the Tiptons.
 
Pictures 2 and 5 are of WOF King of Pop.  We call him Jackson.  Jackson is a yearling stud colt and will be appearing in the same shows that Sky will be in. 
 
So I had a pretty good day visiting with Chris and Stacie and with Toro at the Pruitt Farm near Mt Sterling.  It is always such a pleasure to be around people who know and love horses.  I learn so much from them.
 
Chris and Stacie gave us a short lesson on setting up a horse to show in a halter class.  I took Dereck along with me so that he too would learn about parking a horse out. 
 
So it was a good horse day.  Once I got home, I got an email from  a lovely lady I had sold a horse to last month.  Brandy and her friend Amy had taken their two horses that were bought from Whispering Oaks Farm to the mountains for a ride.  Every where Brandy goes with Titan, she is approached by strangers wanting to know about that horse she is riding.  She tells them that Titan is three years old and they are in utter disbelief that a horse that young will do what he does.  One man went so far as to look in his mouth to determine his age.
 
It is always a good day to hear of friends having a great time with a horse we have raised here on the farm.  Brandy is so excited about Titan.  He is a son of Venture's Black Fury and Blue Ridge Mt Girl, a mare that I own. 
 
 
 
 
David is so proud of Titan because he was the first horse he had gotten under saddle and now he is doing so well for his new owner.  The last three pictures are of Dah Polish Fury aka Titan.
 
So yes, I had a very good Saturday and now I am headed to bed to get rest so that I can have another good day tomorrow.  First I will be going to Bible Study in Joe Donaldson class at Southeast Christian Church and then on to church to sing, worship and learn more about Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.
 
So good night everyone.  Rest well and have a great day of praise and worship tomorrow and every day and remember when you think about your troublea to count your blessings as well. 
 
God bless and keep you in His loving care.
 
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment