Sunday, May 31, 2009

10 Tons of Cute

That is what my daughter said when she saw our new foal that was born on May 22. Our mare LS Mountain Wind Socks presented us with this little filly the morning after I went to the hospital.

I missed the Ladies Aux Show this past week end due to a nasty case of pneumonia and an UTI to boot. I got home from the hospital last Monday and this is the first time I have felt like blogging.

I enjoyed Vickie Smith's tips on grooming and I will certainly be using them in the future. It takes a lot of work to get your horse looking that good but like Vickie says it is details. Mark and Vickie own Sudden Impact who is the Sire of the newest baby on our farm. I am still trying to think of the right name for her but I am about to settle on "Celine's Rising Star".

Congratulations to all the winners at the Ladies Aux show. I am so sorry I was not well enough to attend. I hear I missed a really outstanding show and those ladies do know how it is done and it gets better every year.

I have so much to write about this blog that I will break into at least two. First I met my new friend Jessica at the Van Bert Stables a couple of weeks ago. She is really a nice and charming young woman. She had a very busy several days there by all accounts. On Friday there was a trail ride with H T and Wilda. I know that was fun for her. Then there were the days of learning her horse Mr Twister. I know she had an enjoyable visit and I enjoyed the brief time I spent talking to her. We have plans to meet again at the July show which she plans to attend.

From the Van Bert Stables on that Friday, Eleanor and I went to the KMSHA show in Owingsville. My two horses that went, Velvet and Chocolate Amigo did really well. Amigo brought home a blue for me. I can't thank Chris and Stacie Tipton of Cool Shade Mountain Horses enough for how well my horses are doing under their able direction. They look wonderful. They have a shine and conditioning that really gets them noticed. And they are putting in some really good performances.

The next day my grandson Michael Zinsius graduated from DeSalles High School in Louisville Ky and I was honored to be able to attend his big day. Congratulations Michael. This has been a big month for Michael. He also celebrated his 18th birthday on the 29 of May.

The next day Sunday I went to church and was not feeling real well that afternoon. By Thursday I was in the hospital with a raging fever and feeling like I had been hit by a Mack Truck. I am better now and plan to drive to Stanton tomorrow to visit with everyone there.

So this is what I have been doing for the past two weeks. I think my life is about to improve. My family sure hopes so. I developed a reputation in the hospital for not being a very good patient. Sorry about that but I haven't had much practice being sick.

Thanks so much to my family and friends that took care of me in the hospital and to Shannon for taking such good care of my horses while I was too sick to do it myself.

Later everyone

God bless you all in keep you in his loving care

No comments:

Post a Comment