Monday, December 14, 2009

Awards Banquet





Kolby Tipton accepts his ribbon for his nice placings in the Country Trail Pleasure Classes this past show season. Jamie was presented his High Point Trophy by his great niece, Kaylee Tipton. Melissa and I enjoyed a moment together.
As you saw on Vera's blog, there were a lot of awards presented for the fine show season we enjoyed this year. Our congratulations to all who won awards for High Points. Judy and Mike Brummer once again was rewarded for all the hard work they put into their horses during the past year. My farm won a second behind a very fine yearling colt owned by the Brummers this year. He beat us every time we were in the arena together and I always knew he was the best colt in the class. It was nice to see him develop over the show season. He is a son of Venture's Black Fury and really a fine well built colt.
Stacy and Chris at Cool Shade won trophies for all of their clients. The Bakers, the Brummers and I all came away with at least one trophy for their hard work on our behalf this year.
We were honored to get a High Point Award for Dock's Velvet. Thank you Chris and Stacy for the outstanding job you did with her. I am looking forward to the coming show season to see how she does as a three year old.
Also receiving a High Point Award was our filly, Flair for Fury. I have S T to thank for that award. To see a picture of S T and me with our trophy, see Vera's blog. The Van Bert Farms also won a lot of High Point Trophies. Jamie and S T worked hard this year and did an excellent job of training the horses entrusted to them.
It was good to see friends from the shows. I always enjoy seeing and talking to Michael Brummer and his wife Judy. I see the Tiptons, Pattersons and Dericksons all year when I go to the stables in Stanton. It is always a pleasure to spend time with them and catch up on people I have not seen since the shows were over. And of course, I can not fail to mention how good it was to have family and friends to share those moments with. Thank you, Lucy, Melissa, Bob, and Annie for attending with me and taking time to celebrate with our farm, the fruits of this past show season.
My family is getting more into riding all the time. My brother, Bob, is the latest to get on a horse. Actually he is getting back on a horse and he loves my horse, Rose whom I call Rosie. She is the last horse I bought and Bob has fallen in love with her and the nice temperament she has. Today he and Annie rode her and Amego on the farm for two hours or more. They rode through the woods looking for trails that we can use for trail riding here on the farm. We have almost a hundred acres of woods. There are many deer trails through the woods and through the tall grass.
Bob told me that Rosie is not real sure of the woods and had some anxious moments but she did wonderfully on the ride anyway. They crossed running water, over logs and through tall growth. She and Amego were real troopers. Rosie is a red 4 year old mare. I have been very excited about having her and she is the horse I have been riding most since I brought her home from Van Berts shortly after the end of the show season.
My sister Eleanor was also here today riding her horse J R. He was loving all the attention she gives him. She grooms and brushes his beautiful red coat. She fusses at him for rolling out in the mud and reprimands him for getting so dirty and all the while she is feeding him an apple or a bunch of hay from her hands. She talks to him while she is brushing him and petting him. She always ends the day by standing close to his head and they put their heads together. It is cute. He really seems to love her. I know she loves him. H T you really hit a home run with that gift.
Are you ready for Christmas? It is time to get ready. I have a few more gifts to wrap and to buy as well. Last week was a busy week for me. First was our annual Christmas party for my Bible Study Class. Then our annual party for the VFW. My husband was a veteran of the Korean War. Then the Awards Banquet on Saturday night. Sunday, I was ready for a long nap after Church. I am not the stay up all night party animal. I am glad this week will be less busy as far as social gatherings go.
I hope you are ready to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Remember when you are having the turkey and dressing why we celebrate. This is not just a holiday. This is Christmas. The celebration of the Savior. From the days of his infancy, men have feared him. Herod, tried to kill him when he was just a new born. Men have despised him. The Religious leaders of the day hated him because he pointed out their sins. Men have denied him. And they still do today. He was murdered and died on a cross like a common criminal. He was innocent. He died, was buried and then he arose again on the third day. He died for you and for me so that our sins are forgiven.
May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you and may God bless you and keep you in his loving care.
Merry Christmas to all of you and a Happy New Year.
Regards
Mary
The druggist in my hometown when I was growing up was Mr Roy. He was quiet a prankster and in turn had many pranks pulled on him. One Christmas some of his "friends" put horse manure in his stocking hanging on the mantle. The next day some one ask Mr Roy what he had gotten for Christmas. Without missing a beat he said. "A pony, but it got away."
And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth unto Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem because he was of the house and lineage of David; to be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
And so it was there that while they were there the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
Luke 2: 4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment