Saturday, January 30, 2010

Rock on Andi









The horse that we are all on is 3 year old Rockin Andi. Bob in the first picture, Eleanor in the second and me in the third.


Rocki Andi is a filly. Most people get confused by the name. Andi is my granddaughter and Rockin Andi is named for her. That is why it is spelled Andi instead of Andy.




Thursday found us at Van Bert Farm and riding Andi. Eleanor had been really wanting to ride Andi. Andi is not yet 3 full years old and has been under saddle since she was 20 months old. The first time I saw this filly, I knew I would have to buy her. I liked her the instant I saw her. I think this may have been pre-planned on Larry's part. He knew I would like the way she moved. I mean who wouldn't.


Andi has a wonderful gait and even though she is less than 3 years old, she has a wonderful temperment. She is easy to ride and extremely well trained. She is willing to work and willing to go. She is not at all nervous and carries herself and her rider in a nice even gait. I can not say enough good things about Andi. I have had offers to buy her but not enough to make me want to part with her yet.


After our scare this week with J R we are being extra careful. J R is fine. He had no ill effects from his foray into the freezer. We had a good laugh over it only after we knew he would be alright. A horse like him does not come along very often and it would have broken my heart to lose him because of Eleanor. But also because J R is such a special horse. J R is a horse that I don't have to worry about Eleanor riding out in the pasture. He is calm and he is lazy. I have never seen him jump or act startled in any way.


We had a big snow last night. We must have had 6-8 inches of snow. I was really glad we bought the horse hay home yesterday instead of waiting until today. I do not have hay that is grown on the farm without fescue so I have had to buy some clean hay for the mares in foal. The mares in foal need the hay especially when it is so cold. But they are also feeding a foal and need plenty of good quality hay. They are getting extra now. It is very cold tonight and will be extremely cold in the morning.


We are counting down the days now until foaling season starts. The first one should foal around March 14. About 43 days. We think that Magic Rhythm will be the first. But who can be sure. Anyway we will have the movie camera ready to see the foals hopefully getting up to take their first wobbly steps.


Hope you will attend church tomorrow.


God bless you and keep you in His loving care.


Regards,


Mary


Nay in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present nor things to come

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Romans 8: 37-39



No comments:

Post a Comment