Thursday, July 22, 2010



I don't know any cute Frenchmen but I met this really cute Aussie back in February. The little girl is also very cute and she is my granddaughter, Kailey Lipginski. She is quick to tell you that she is going to be in the gifted class in the 2nd grade. It was March and they were picking flowers up by an old house on my farm. My grandmother had planted the start of those flowers over a hundred years ago and every spring they bloom profusely. The deer apparently don't like them.
I had intended to put some pictures that I had taken of a part of our trail that is being cut for our trail ride that is coming up in just a little less than a month. I just couldn't resist putting these two pictures on. My granddaughter Kailey has the sweetest face. She had played hard before this picture was taken and they had gone to the flower bed several times to pick flowers. Her face was still dirty from her play but I love her expression.
My friend Sheri Badgett and I had gone to the Clinton Anderson Walk-About-Tour in Lexington and we had the honor of having our picture taken with him. I found him to be very gracious. He stayed until the last picture was taken and the last question was asked. I know he had a hard two days and more but he was very kind and I can only describe him as gracious to those who wanted to speak to him personally after his demonstrations.
Real progress is being made on our trails for next month's trail ride. My brother's grandson, Robert and his friend Ethan have put in some really hard days with the chain saw, four wheeler, an axe and a machete. According to all reports and what I have personally seen the trails are really awesome. I had a friend over this afternoon that rode the trails with Bob and two of his grandchildren. She was very impressed with the trails and had only minor suggestions for improving them. It was what we have been needing. An uninvolved person to ride and let us know what their opinion is.
I think our farm is a place that people can come and ride in open fields and in heavy woods and really enjoy a ride with their trusty horse without feeling there will be areas that they can not handle. To test this out, Bob took his ten year old grandson on one of my mountain horses and rode him and his 15 year old sister on all the trails. Leigh is a good rider but her brother is not as good as she is and he was able to ride the trails with no problem. If that is any indication all of our riders should be proficient on these trails.
We are excited about the prospect of people coming here and riding and seeing what we love about the farm so much. It is one of the many blessings from God as well as those wonderful mountain horses I have been able to buy.
I hope you will be able to join us for a day of trails, prizes, food and contact with a lot of people who own and love their horses, whether they are mountain horses or a horse of unknown breeding.
May God bless you and keep you in his loving care.
Regards,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment