Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Busy Week

Last week was such a busy week I have no idea how we ever got through it.

I had an old friend that contacted me that really wanted to see my horses. She follows my blog. Hi Judy. She visits my web site and she knew the names of my horses almost as well as I do. So I was honored to have Judy, her husband Paul and mother Sarah visit me on Wednesday. She recognized Venture's Golden Satin as soon as she saw her and ask about Rockin Andi.

It was wonderful to see Judy. She lives in Iowa and I don't see her very often but I still consider her a dear friend. Judy, Donna and I were almost inseparable growing up. Taylorsville was a small town and still is in many ways. We all went to church and school together. We went to slumber parties together and visited in each other's homes often.

Then we all grew up as people do. Judy married and lives in Iowa. Donna married and stayed in and near Taylorsville. I got married and lived in Jeffersonville Ind for 11 years before we moved to Taylorsville. Bill and I bought the farm I live on now. It has been in the family for 108 years and I hope it will be in the family another 108 years.

Saturday night was our 50 years reunion for High School graduation. We had a nice dinner at the Colonel's Lady Dinner House near Shelbyville Kentucky. It was wonderful to see so many people that I went to High School with and sad to know a few were no longer with us. We seemed to all have aged gracefully. As gently as 50 years can be to people. But it was good to catch up with as many people as possible.

We were also at the Summer Celebration Horse Show at the end of the week. I was also glad to see friends I have made there. Two of my horses came home with Blues. My niece won a second place in a very good class of youth riders. She rode my horse Rockin Andi and they really looked good together. Leigh is a good rider and she has only been riding for a short period of time. She has taken to it like a duck to water.

I was really pleased with the performance Rockin Andi gave on the obstacle course. She placed a very nice 4th place in a very good class of trail horses. It was her first time competing in an obstacle class. I can see her next year going for a versatility award. She is extremely talented with the Mountain Horse disposition that Mountain Horses are well known for.

Now here it is another week and my horses have gone to Ohio to the International Rocky Mountain Horse Show. They will all be there for a week. Code of Honor, my stallion, placed 2nd in a large class of conformation horses. He will be going back into the Championship. My weanling colt made a nice showing in a large class of 16 weanlings. He placed a very respectable 4th place. I have not heard any more news out of Ohio.

My brother is suffering from a cold and I have appointments every day this week with either PT, a doctor or the dentist. The doctor says my arm is healing really well but don't go back to riding yet. What? Does he think I will fall off of a horse? Anyway I have at least 4 more weeks of PT and then back to the doctor.

Our Competitive Trail Competition is less than three weeks away and the time is flying by. We have had a good response for that and I am getting more excited all the time about the ride. It is so hot here as it is everywhere else. Our ride will take horses and riders through the woods. We planned it that way to relieve horses and riders from the oppressive heat. About 90% of the ride will be in the shade and a large portion will be in the woods.

This is more like a news letter than a blog. But tomorrow, I will write a real blog about Eleanor and her new kitten. You will like that one.

Until then, may God bless and keep you in his loving care. He who knows the number of hairs on your head will watch over you and keep you safe.

Regards

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment