Sunday, August 23, 2009

Upcoming Horse Show



Vera in her office stops to help me with my new camera.

We, Eleanor and I, went to Stanton last week. We as usual had a very nice time. We make the rounds. Van Berts first and then Cool Shade. Van Berts do have some very fine horses for sale right now. I have to stay away as much as possible. Larry would sell me the whole herd. Failing at that, he is trying to sell me the herd one at a time. I have bought several horses from Van Berts over the years and I have top quality horses. I have horses by Choco Dock, Sudden Impact, Toco Motion Shepherds Snowy River and Sam I Am to name a few.

So the breeding is high quality. The conformations are awesome. The rides are the best. One of the first horses I bought from Van Berts was a filly named Butterfly Kisses. She is a Chestmut. S T Tipton trained and showed her for me. I no longer have her because right after the show on Friday night after she won the Conformation Championship as a weanling, I sold her. She is still beautiful. I saw her last year at the World Show in yearling conformation. She didn't win the class but she was high in the ribbons and she is still a very beautiful filly.

To replace that filly, I went with Larry in his rolling office, his golf cart, to look at a filly that I was drawn to from their web site. Her name was Boone Dock Fairy but I changed it to WOF Dock's Velvet. She was here at my farm for over a year. Last November I took her to Cool Shade Mountain Horses for Chris and Stacie Tipton to put under saddle. Every once in a while, I hear Chris and Stacie in a little discussion on who gets to ride her. She was put under saddle at 20 months old with very light riding. They tell me every time I talk to them or see them that she is such a good filly and how fond of her they are. She has had a winning season with these two trainer. I like the way they bring her along. She is a great horse and is getting better all the time. I just can't say enough about the sweet disposition she has. Nothing much gets her excited. She is always happy to see someone come to give her some attention. She is a prime example of what Mountain Horses are.

Of course I also check on the progress of the horses I have at Van Berts. Jamie has been training my 2 year old mare for me. Her name originally was Tilla Tequila but I didn't like that so I changed her name to WOF Rockin Andi. She is chocolate with a white mane and tail. I liked her the first time I saw her. Larry didn't even have me in his rolling office to sell me that one. He just had her out where I could see her. I have ridden her and she is a great ride. Jamie has done an excellent job of training her and showing her this year.

Then I always want to see Spirit and Flair. Those are my two yearlings in training for Conformation. Flair for Fury has been amazing in the show ring this year. S T has done a wonderful job with her and she goes in and shows her conformation and most of the show season we have taken the blue. Otherwise she is usually no lower than second. S T has also shown Spirit for me this year and he is coming along great. He gets more beautiful every time I see him. He also has a great disposition and will make someone a wonderful horse. He will not go under saddle this year. He may not be as ready at 20 months as Velvet was. She was extra big for her age.

Lately since I bought Code of Honor, barn name Cody, S T has been training and showing him. He is now under saddle but he may not be ready to show under saddle this year. He has just started his under saddle work. But he is looking very promising. I can't say enough good about the fine work the Van Berts and Tiptons do for me. I hope I make it plain to them how much I really do appreciate the quality of horses

I also had a wonderful visit with Vera. I have recently purchased a new camera and she and Morris were helping me learn about it. It takes some wonderful pictures. Both have a lot of experience with camera work and after I took some pictures of my horses, I had them to critique them to tell me what was right about them and how I could improve them as well. You see Vera's work every time you look at their web site. Morris is a very talented man who knows the ins and outs of everything computer. He also has experience taking pictures for work he once did and has the eye to know what is right about a picture. Vera is very good with a camera and I appreciate the use of her extraordinary talents as I am sure the Van Bert Farm does.

Did you see the video of the 11 and under Trail and Country Trail classes? I know everyone in my family has because not only are the Tipton children featured, so is my Great Granddaughter, Melissa. I so appreciate Vera making sure Melissa had her day in the lime light. You must watch it if you haven't already. Kayles Tipton was riding in Trail Pleasure and won. She is a very accomplished rider and it looks as natural as walking for her. We want to congratulate her on winning the class. She really did a nice job as you will see from the video.

Then the second part is the Country Trail Pleasure Class. Both Kobe Tipton and Melissa were riding in that one. Kobe did a nice job and we were so proud of Melissa for the way she rode in her first ever horse show. She is also looking forward to riding in the World Show in the 11 and under class. I think that I mentioned in my blog before how good Jamie was at teaching Melissa how to ride but I want to repeat how much we appreciate his kindness and patience with her.

Now in just a little more than a week the World Show will begin. For those of you who are new to Mountain Horses, this is the big one. It will bring the finest Mountain Horses together to compete for prizes and titles that will award the best of the best. Winning a first place in some shows is the only thing that really sets a horse apart but winning a ribbon at all at the World Show puts a horse in an elite group. There are many fine horses that will make a wonderful show and leave without a ribbon.

So I am looking forward to being at the World Show and seeing the quality of horses that will go through the gates of the arena. I love to cheer for my favorites and I always try to make a point of congratulating the winners even if they just placed higher than my horse. The show is a wonderful event that brings the UMH shows to a grand finale. It is the highlight of a season that started in April with its many reasons for celebration and times of disappointment.

I want to wish you all good luck with your horses in the show this year and that God will bless your efforts and hard work. Most of all that he keeps each horse and rider safe.

Later everyone

Mary

Horses are restless in the wind for both what they hear and what they can't hear.

Quoted from How to Think Like a Horse by Cherry Hill

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven Matthew 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment