Saturday, June 11, 2011

Horse Shows


















The first picture is of Chester Hale on his pony named Jocko. He has participated in the ACTHA trail rides we have hosted and rides we have been a part of. The second is of Melissa riding Blue Jean. Blue Jean's actual registered name is Tennessee Revelation but Connor started calling her Blue Jean and it has stuck.


My horses, Code of Honor, Flair for Fury, Ann's Mt Treasure and Rockin Andi are off to the show in Prestonburg this week end. I am at home once again. Broken bones and this year the hay has interferred with my fun at horse shows.


As of this morning the hay is baled. We have had a hundred different issues it seems. It is never easy to get the crops in without having a break down of some sort. It seems like we have had more than our share. The tie rod on the White, blades on the mower, a flat tire, and tractors that won't start. The level of frustration rises with every new problem. But yet the men here have perservered and the hay is baled. Praise the Lord God.


Even the man who does my custom baling has had his share of problems with his baler. But as of this morning we have about 150 big round bales of hay ready for winter. God is good and God is faithful to provide.


My mother, Lucy Rogers, used to always say, "God provides for the birds of the air but he doesn't throw it in their nests". She was telling her children that God provides but we must do our part.


Just a little wrap up. I started this blog last week end and didn't get it finished. My horses did pretty well at the horse show last week end. I would have liked them to do better but I thank God for what he blesses me with.


My sister, Eleanor who was here through her air conditioner crisis is home once again and seems to have her affairs in order for a while right now. I have my own bed back. Hurray. I do miss my bed after a week or so. I don't mind giving it up for a little while but I begin to hate the couch after about a week.


The hay is all moved off of the ground and the grass is growing again for the next crop. We had a nice rain this morning although it could have rained longer and it would have been appreciated.


So that is how it all is on the home front. We are getting ready for the next horse show tomorrow night. Bob is riding Satin today and getting her ready.


Until next time, God bless and keep you in his loving care.


Regards,


Mary
















































No comments:

Post a Comment