Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mountain Horses

Hi, I'm new to this blogging stuff so I am trying my wings tonight. It is winter in Kentucky and there is no blue grass to be seen now. Today we have had a Kentucky winter day. We have had a mist of rain and snow and then the snow disappeared and then we had another dusting of snow. As the dark closed it the dusting of snow was visiable on the truck sitting by my back door but there were no horses to be seen in the pasture. They had all disappeared down over the hill to the grove of trees that offer them shelter and a break from the wind.

Now you may think that I am not a good horse owner to allow my horses to stay out in this weather. But we are talking horses here and most specifically Rocky Mountain Horses. I have come to love the Rocky Mountain Horses and most of all to respect them.

I was introduced to the Rocky Mountain Horse by Horse Illustrated and knew that when I bought a horse it would be a Rocky Mountain. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment