Friday, January 16, 2009

Winter in the Bluegrass

It is all we are hearing about on the news. Cold cold cold every where. Where is this global warming when we need it? Seriously, I know all of you are having your share of winter weather so I just couldn't help mentioning it here too.

My horses seem to be taking it all in better than what I am. They are always by the hay stacks eating and eating. It takes extra this kind of weather for them to produce enough heat to keep warm. So keep that hay out there and don't forget the water. Hopefully winter will break early and the hay will not be gone before winter is.

I know it is cold when the Mississippi daughter-in-law is talking about tempertures in the 20s and the son lets the dog in the house. Mine stay in every night winter and summer but my son just doesn't like his dog in the house. To each his own. But they are all in these kind of nights.

I hope you are staying warm where you are. The only noise I hear right now is the dogs snoring Yes they snore. And the furnace is running frequently. It sounds like a cash register ringing up a bigger bill every minute. So we will just all have to hang in there. The weather in Kentucky changes frequently so we can probably expect higher tempertures soon along with the higher heat bills.

It sounds like I am doing a lot of complaining tonight but I am not really. I love this farm and my country. I know I am so much better off here than most of the rest of the world. I have a warm bed and a warm house. I am thankful for my beautiful and cozy life. God has blessed me so much. Yes it is bitter cold out there but I drive the block and a half to the barn in my warm truck and when I get cold, I get back in the truck and warm up and then get back out and feed some more. Soon I am finished and back into the warm house.

So God bless and keep each of you safe and warm this cold weather. In addition to caring for your animals don't forget to keep yourself safe and warm as possible.

See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Mary,
    Excellent writing. Your and Vera's blog have somethng in common in that they both lend a distintive emotional quality to your material. It's as if you both needed to write this. Good work. I hope you work on netwoking your blog so that many other may enjoy it.
    Morris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    Excellent writing. Your and Vera's blog have somethng in common in that they both lend a distintive emotional quality to your material. It's as if you both needed to write this. Good work. I hope you work on netwoking your blog so that many other may enjoy it.
    Morris

    ReplyDelete