Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11


Pictured is my two military sons. Pictured at my right is Sr Chief Stephen J Lipginski in the Seabees. At my left is SFC Wm M Lipginski II now retired from the Army. This was taken at the funeral of my husband, their father, Wm M Lipginski Sr (Bill). Bill also served in the Army.

Today's date will live in our hearts and minds for the rest of our lives. But even before 9-11-2001 there was 9-11-1993. 9-11 was already a date that was burned into my memory and the day always left an ache and pain in my heart.



The Bible tells us that "blessed in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints" One of his saints went home to be with the Jesus he loved and served and taught his family about. That saint was my father, Frank Rogers. He left this life for his new life on 9-11-1993. So I was feeling a little down on 9-11-2001 when someone rushed into the Post Office where I was working and said a plane had just hit one of the trade towers.

I couldn't believe it could be anything but an accident. It soon became apparent it wasn't as a second plane hit the trade towers. I know you remember where you were and what you were doing on that day at that exact time. I can still remember exactly where I was, where I was standing and how I felt as the news started to reach every sense in my body and set my heart to racing and every nerve in my body reacting to the news at the same time.



I said to no one in particular "We are at war". Those are words no one wants to think of or hear but because I had two sons in the military, it struck fear in my heart. An additional fear to the one that had hit me when I knew it was an attack of proportions that I could not wrap my mind around.



America does so much good around the world. We live in a country that is so unique and so full of charity for those hurting and suffering around the world it is was almost impossible to believe any one could hate us so much that they would attack and kill almost 3,000 innocent people. Hurricanes, who is the first there. Earthquakes, who is the first to send aid and people in to clean up the mess and bury the dead and search for those who are still trapped in the rubble. A tidal wave hits. Who sends in clothes, blankets, water and food plus people to help with the aftermath. America does.



It isn't just the government sending in support. I go to a church that sent thousands of dollars that was taken up in the collection plate for the victims of the tidal wave that hit. We sent people, supplies and money to the hurricane victims in Louisiana. We even built a house in our parking lot to send to New Orleans. America is such a unique country. So good in so many ways. I am so proud of the good my country has done in the world since her inception.



America has been a country that has cherished freedom for it citizens and for those who are in bondage around the world. Those whose govenments want to dictate every move they make. Those who are told that can't worship as they choose. We have done more to free people around the world than any country in the history of the world.



Brave men fought on our own soil back in the 1860s to right a wrong that had been around for many hundreds of years. Slavery was mentioned in the Bible. The Bible did not address the right or wrong of it but it was going on in Bibical times. Good Christian people could not reconcile the owning of slaves with what our consitution had made plain as the basic right of man. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.



We all know how that ended. Slaves were set free and eventually were given the right to participate in the election of those who represent all of us in this Republic.



So how could anyone hate us enough to kill almost 3,000 people that day. I still can not get my mind around it. I know what the reasons are that are indisputable but how can people really believe that when they claim to do the will of God. I don't think they believe in the same God I do. God does not tell me to destroy people who disagree with me. He tells me to love them and show them the way to salvation through his son Jesus Christ.



So today as we grieve for those lost and still try to make some sense of it, I challenge you to think about the United States of America in the context of the many things we have done right How we have liberated people from the tyranny of governments that suppress their freedoms and their right to choose for themselves and to produce and keep the fruits of their labors



I ask you to pray for our country and our leaders. We have a lot of challenges ahead of us the next few years. I thank God for this country. For all the kindness and love in the hearts of the people of this land. I pray no one will ever take our freedoms from us. I pray that the people of this land will always stand up for what is good, for what is true and what is righteous.

God bless and keep you in his loving care. And may God continue to bless America.

Regards

Mary


If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray, I will heal their land.

From the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment