Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Edward Had a Birthday

Well, I certainly am a bad Grandma. I did not get a card in the mail to Edward for his birthday yesterday. The problem is that I do not have his new address yet. Edward is now in boot camp in the Navy. He left the 28th of August. So if you happen to be listening Edward. A belated Happy Birthday. The card will be in the mail just as soon as I get your address. I am eager to see Edward as he graduates from boot camp. The change in the young men and women after the first 6 weeks of the military is pretty awe inspiring.

The World Show is over for another year. The RMHA in now underway. The Rocky Mountain show started yesterday on the heels of the World Show. It is very intense for the trainers and exhibitors that want to show in both.

Congratulation to all the winners in the World Show. Judy Brummer and Emdee Mountain Horses of Shumway Illinois had another great show. I am sure Mike will soon be building new trophy cabinets for all the ribbons and trophies that Judy won. They had a very successful show and I am so happy for them. Judy and Mike are two of my favorite people. They are both very funny, intelligent and nice to be around. Judy and Mike work very hard with their horses. They ride at least an hour a day winter and summer, rain and shine and they deserve the success they have with their horses. Judy works especially hard with Legendary Lady. Lady missed the Super Horse Award by just a few points this World Show.

I won't see Judy and Mike again until the awards banquet in January. But congratulations to them for all the success in the show ring this year. The best to you both. And thanks for your outstanding sportsmanship.

There is a lot to report from the World Show and I have made a list. I stayed in a motel where the Internet service was spotty at best and I was only able to blog one time and that was the first day. The rest of the week, I was pretty much disconnected as soon as I logged in. The signal was very weak.

One of the most heart warming moments at the show was when Trent Shannon rode in on the flag horse with Mike Bowen. Trent is a youngster with many challenges in his life. I don't know how old he is but I am guessing about 7. He has always been a huge fan of the horse Snow on the Mountain. His grandmother told me that he was so angry when a buckskin horse beat Snow in a World Show class several years ago that he has never liked buckskins from that day.

Trent is a frequent spectator at the horse show and is always with his grandmother. His mother is Jessica Shannon who is a very accomplished rider and can be seen in the show ring often. They are Southern Elite Farms.

It was announced that next year Trent will be riding as a guest exhibitor in the horse shows. I am looking forward to seeing him riding. The love of horses is so apparent in his eyes as he watches the classes. I am glad he will get this opportunity.

Horses have a way of connecting to young and old, healthy and challenged, as well as men and women across all walks of life. They seem to understand us in a way that is hard to explain. They fill a need in our lives to lavish love on a living creature. They listen to our troubles and problems and never breath a word of what we tell them. They willingly carry us where we want to go. There is no other animal in the world like a horse. Dogs have a role in our lives and my life would be poorer without my dogs but there is nothing like a horse.

So I hope you will be with me in coming days as I relate experiences from the World Show. I have lots of pictures. I am sure I will not be able to post them all. Some will post and others will be roaming around in cyberspace waiting to load into my computer some day and it will overwhelm my poor computer and it will never be the same.

So later everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment