Tuesday, September 1, 2009

World Show, Here at Last

Code of Honor. He is our stallion that is a Lifetime Breeder's Cup Stallion. He will be showing in the 2- 3 year old conformation class on Wednesday. Cody (barn name) is standing at the Van Bert Farms. Email www.vanbertfarms.com for breeding informationa and to schedule a breeding.


Yesterday Eleanor and I got into Stanton early enough to help Judy and Annette decorate the front of the stable for the theme of the world show "World of Enchantment. The barns up and down the road have taken on a whole new look as each of the owners have decorated with their ideas for World of Enchantment. Later in the week there will be recognition for the best decorated barn.

I will stop here to offer condolences to Larry Patterson and his family over the death of his Mother. She had a long and courageous battle with cancer and I know she was the rock that held the family together up to the final moment. It is a very personal and devastating lose to lose one's mother. Ours left us for her eternal life in 1970. So I know a lot about the feelings they are having now but each person grieves in a different way and yet so much the same. I think this has to be because of the difference in the memories of family life. So if you still have your mom, the next time you see her, give her a big hug and "I love you mom". Build precious memories while you have a chance. We grieve with you Larry and want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The grounds are alive with the excitement of the upcoming classes that begin today with the Breeder's Cup classes. I will have four in those classes. Two that are 2 years old and two yearlings. My yearling filly has won a lot this year. She is by Venture's Black Fury. She is a very classy filly. So we have high hopes for her.

I am excited about the two 2 year olds I have. One is Dock's Velvet and this will be her first conformation class. She is a beautiful bay mare. She will be ridden first and then shown in hand And the same with Rockin Andi.

The signal is weak here at the motel but I will try to blog every day to give you an idea of what is happening here at the world show. I am sorry you are missing the everyday excitement of the big finale for our show season with the UMH. I will see some of you on Saturday when Melissa with ride again. So far she and Morning Glory are making a great team. We are excited over that prospect.

Regards

Mary

Quote of the day

"It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision."

Helen Keller


Let not your heart troubled ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my father's house there are many mansions, if it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you and if I go and prepare a place for you I will come again and receive you unto myself that where I am there ye may be also.

John 14: 1-4

Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment