Sunday, September 27, 2009

More Rides on the Roller Coaster




Alyssa Grace on Sunday night is sleeping peacefully in her mother's arms. Surgery was scheduled for the next morning. A week ago tomorrow. See why I say she is so beautiful.

Just when I thought the crazy week was going to end on a better note, it all broke loose. It was not Alyssa this time, thank God.

This time it was Holly. She is my 14 year old Lab. She has congestive heart failure and breathing difficulties. I find that I need to keep the house cooler for Holly than I would like. It was the same with Bill and his breathing problems. The house was extremely cold sometimes because he could not tolerate breathing any warm air at all. Holly likes the house cool too but thankfully not cold.

Thursday and Friday nights she wanted out in the early hours of the morning. I am talking about 1 or 2 AM. So I let her out both nights. The first night I waited for her to come back thinking she would come back in but she didn't want back in. The next night, the same.

Saturday morning I went out to feed the dogs and when she came to me there was blood everywhere. On the side of the house, on the deck and dripping from her back. She had a growth on her back near the top of her tail. Natalie had told me it had drained while I was gone to the horse show but it was not as large as it had been. I looked at it when I got home and it was smaller but still there. So I thought it was alright then. When I saw it Saturday morning it was huge. The night before it had been much smaller.

I hastily put the other dogs in their crate and loaded Holly on the back of the truck and got her to the vet's office within 30 minutes of my discovery of blood. They immediately took her to surgery and removed the tumor. They have sent the tumor off to have it diagnosed.

She is home now and resting comfortably. She will need to go back to the vet's office to get the staples removed in about a week and a half. And she will hopefully be alright now. The other dogs keep wanting to inspect her wound and they are annoying her but they are driving me crazy. That will be a short trip. The other two would like to find a boyfriend. That is not happening. No puppies this year. They want out. I want them to stay inside. Usually they want in and I want them out.

The news from Virginia is getting a little better. Alyssa may get her breathing tube out later this week. She is doing well. Sarah stays close to her and despite her young age, she seems like she is going to be a good mother. I know she loves that baby. It shows in everything she does and says.

We are going to Van Bert's farm tomorrow. Melissa and Lucy are going with me and Melissa and I are going to ride. She is going to be introduced to a new horse since Rose's Morning Glory either has gone home to Vermont or will be going home soon. I will let you know how that goes in the next blog.

May the Lord bless and keep you in his loving care.

Regards

Mary

"Bad times are only 'a little something extra' in your life. Persevere and work through the trouble because tucked into every bad circumstance is a pilon, a magic pocket of beauty or love that is waiting, for you, if only you have the eyes to see it"

~~~Nancy Minor~~~

From:

Chicken Soup for the Horse Lovers Soul

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you

Philippians 1: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment