Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another Day on the Farm

I am not complaining. It rained today and is muddy. The horses are muddy from where they like to roll. My beautiful horse Mt Girl is a real mess. She is muddy from head to tail and all the areas in between but I think she loves being out in the pasture. Yesterday I was out in the field and she walked up to me and she was all about letting me rub her and scratch her itchy spots. She followed me when I moved. She is no longer indifferent to me as she has been in the past.

It is really nice to actually feel like she knows me and likes to have me around her. At one time when she was with Chris all the time, I believed she was more his horse than my horse and I was a little jealous that she loved him best. That sounds funny doesn't it.

I remember the time I rode her in a show in the horse park. Chris was sitting in the stands and when we did the line up, she saw him and I thought she would have like to climb up to where he was sitting. She would not stay back from the concrete wall. That was as close as she could get to him and that is where she wanted to be. The next class, I lined up in a place where Chris wasn't in front of her.

Horses are funny animals and they have their favorites just like humans do. I am glad I am becoming one of her favorites. And I am glad she loved Chris so much. He taught her a lot about obedience and what riding was all about. She is a better horse because of his great training skills.

Thank you Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment