Saturday, February 28, 2009

More Winter

Thrusday night Holly woke me up. The storm was scaring her. It was storming and lightning flashed across the sky and lite the house up frequently. The thunder boomed and the lightning flashed. Holly never did like a storm. She reminds me of the first dog Bill and I had. She was a German Shepherd named Princess. As soon as a storm started she was under the bed. Holly doesn't go that far but she does get very tense during a storm.

The other dogs were outside and when I called them they did not come back in. I don't know where they spent the night but it was a terrible night and not fit for man nor beast as they say. The wind gusted up to 50 and 60 miles an hour. The rain was pouring down in sheets. The wind was blowing it like a small whorl wind. I have never seen rain come down so hard or in such patterns.

So failing to get the dogs to come in, I went back to bed. Holly was inconsolable during the storm. She was in constant need of my attention. Finally I fell asleep once again and when I awakened again the storm was over. I was thankful I still had electricity. I looked out the windows and the cows were in and were ok.

The dogs were ready to come in now and to be fed. They had come out from their hiding place.

I checked the horse lots and the gates were all open. The stong wind had broken the chains on the gates. Thankfully, only three of the horses were out. The others didn't know their gate was open. So before coffee and before my teeth were brushed, I was out getting horses back in their field. It wasn't hard. They are suckers for a feed bucket.

Today, the rain started and then the sleet and just before dark snow had covered the ground. I heard someone say today that they weren't going to participate in winter anymore this year. I would like to opt out but it just doesn't seem like it is an option right now.

I hope all is well with all of you and you had no further damage from the wind and rain.

You must know I don't have a very exciting life. All I seem to write about is the weather and how often the horses get out of their fields.

God bless. Have a good Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment