Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Life Isn't Just All Farm

While most of my waking hours are spent here on the farm, I do get out and about and have other interests. One of them, of course, is my church. I am a member and attend Southeast Christian Church in Louisville Ky. Every year months before Easter, the Church starts the process of getting ready to present an Easter Passion. I volunteered this year.

I am helping with the animals used in the production. There will be lambs, goats, donkeys, a horse and a camel. I am sorry to say that my none of my horses will get to be involved. The animals are provided by someone else who specializes in providing animals for productions.

I went to the first meeting for our group tonight. When I got my assignment, I learned I would be taking care of the lambs. I am somewhat familiar with lambs as we did have sheep at one time when I was growing up on the farm. But I have never really been around the lambs that much. Tonight I was told I would learn how to handle the babies and in turn instuct the cast members how to handle the babies. I will be watching for signs of health problems such as off feed, cough or loose bowels. I can do that. It is the same I do with my horses and cattle.

So I am excited. The Passion will start in early March and run through the last of March. It is well worth the time to go and live the story of the Passion of Jesus Christ our Lord. To get information on the dates and tickets that are available, go to http://www.southeastchristianchurch.org/ You will then find a link to events and find the available tickets. I hope you will join us in worship as we prepare our hearts and minds to celebrate the most meaningful season on the Christian calendar.

God bless and keep you in his care.

No comments:

Post a Comment