Sunday, February 15, 2009

Here We Go Again

As you read on my previous blog, Thursday evening was spent getting my weanlings into a safe place for the night after their big escape. Friday morning was spent repairing their fence to keep them in and safe.

Last evening around 7 PM I went to the barn to do something I had forgotten to do. I was greeted by three adult horses that were out of their field and really enjoying a feast of green grass. Occasionally one gets out. But this time there were three. I walked around to the fence and there was a long section of fence down on the ground. I could hardly believe there were only three out but I knew now I would have to lead them down to another field to keep them overnight.

So the next 2 1/2 hours was spent coaching the horses to me to get them to get a rope on them to lead the twelve of them to another field. So finally around 9:30 they were all in a safe field. Today my son and a friend fixed the fence and made sure it was tightened up all around both fields. Tomorrow must be the day for the cows to get out. I hope I am not serious!

When you live on a farm, you have to have something to do. If you have horses and or cows you are sure to never get bored and you will always have something to do.

Hope you have a good week.

God bless you and keep you in his care.

No comments:

Post a Comment