Saturday, July 18, 2009

Another Horse Show


My son and his family are here from Mississippi this week end and through next week. So we all gathered at my oldest daughter's house for a pool party. As our good luck would have it, this July 18 has set or equaled the record for the coolest on this date. The sun was no where to be seen until about 6:30 P M and only the hardiest among us went into the pool. After the sun came out the pool was full. The children were having a great time in the pool and lots of adults were have as much fun as the children.


Steve and his family arrived around 8 P M. We had supper on the table shortly thereafter. Stephen who is the youngest in the family wanted to see "my horse". He was referring to WOF Stephen's Blazin Star. He was so proud that the colt was named after him. Stephen has just gotten the cast off of his leg. He broke it on the trampoline and he is still having a bad time walking. He will be on a crutch a couple more weeks and he is doing his exercises to strengthen the muscles in his leg. It is still painful for him to walk but he does give it his best shot. It is tough for a 5 year old boy. But he is very brave and tries his best.


So I am missing the horse show in Tennessee this week end. I have 5 horses that have gone without me. I know that my yearling filly placed 3rd in the confirmation class yesterday and has placed 1st today. So thanks to S T for a good win. She is Flair for Fury and she alternates between losing to her half sister (also a Fury get) and beating her. Today we had a nice win with her.


I don't really know how the rest of the horses have done. Stacie Tipton will call me tonight or tomorrow to let me know. I know she and Chris are really busy with the horses they are taking to the show and they don't actually have anyone to help with the horses this time. Stacie's mother, Debbie, is there with them but there are things she just can't do. Judy will help all she can but she is busy showing her horses too so they have a lot to do.


I really had a good time at this horse show last year. I would rather spend time with family though. And it has been a good day. My two great grandchildren were there as well as many of my grandchildren. Speaking of grandchildren, I want to welcome Lucy to my blog. She told me today that she has been reading it too. I did have some problems with my link but I think it is fixed now. So hopefully she has been able to sign on again. I am happy to have her with me.


Lucy, Melissa and I went to Van Bert Farms this past Wednesday and we really had a nice day together. Lucy was our first grandchild and her daughter, Melissa is our first great grandchild.

Melissa fell in love with another horse while at Van Berts. She rode Morning Glory and she likes her a lot. But this one probably can't be bought. She already has a home.


Melissa rode while she was there with the help of Jamie. He closed barn doors and turned her loose in the barn to ride. Melissa has been taking lessons close to her but they have quarter horses and she is learning to post. She is having a hard time getting her mind around the concept of not having to post on Mt Horses. She does pretty well though despite the difference.


I was really glad to see my little and big grandchildren from Mississippi. Those are Kailey for whom my filly, Kailey's Magic was named. Stephen for whom Stephen's Blazin Star was named. And Dalton who is the oldest. He is the big brother and really treats the little ones really good. He is 14. And he is several years older than Kailey and Stephen. Of course I was also glad to see their parents. I haven't seen them since January when their Aunt Mary Beth and I took the little pony, Lilly, to them.


We are having a really good visit. Steve, my son is a Sr Chief in the Navy. He is a Seabee and right now his job causes him to travel a lot. He will soon be traveling again. He has had a hard time finding time to come to Kentucky this year. Chrissy, his wife will soon be starting nursing school. So I don't think we will get to see or talk to her very much. She will be a busy woman. She has three children and a husband and a house to keep. They also have a small farm with animals.


So while you are having fun at the horse show, I will be having fun with my family.


May God bless and keep you in his loving care.


Regards,


Mary












No comments:

Post a Comment