Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another Show

Chocolate Amigo. He will be going to Tn next week end. He is a 4 year old gelding. Absolutely beautiful. And more beautiful this year than in this picture.

I am so pleased to tell you in my post tonight that Wilda is home from the hospital as of yesterday afternoon. I know what it is like to get to leave the hospital. It can make one feel better by just being in their own home and in their own bed.



I was very glad to leave the hospital. You know there are sick people in those hospitals. I sure didn't want to be sicker than I was and I know Wilda didn't want to come home with anything extra. Seven broken ribs and numerous cuts scrapes and bruises are enough for anyone.



Next week end is the White Pines Tennessee show and I am sorry to have to miss this one too. My youngest son and his family are finally going to get to visit for a few days. He is Sr Chief Stephen J Lipginski in the Seabees. The Navy has him traveling a lot this year. Sorry if I sound like I am bragging on my son but yes I am and I am very proud of him. As a matter of fact I am very proud of all my children. I have two daughters that are about to start nursing school and two military sons. My oldest son just retired from the Army last year and his last promotion made him SFC Wm M Lipginski II.



I will not be going but my horses are. Van Bert Farms is taking my two yearlings and my 2 year old mare. Cool Shade is taking a 2 year old mare for me and my gelding, Chocolate Amigo.
I know they are all in good hands. I really enjoyed the show there last year. Even though my mare Mountain Girl dumped me in the middle of the practice arena.

I had finally gotten enough confidence to get back on her after a really nasty spill in December of 07. I was planning to show her in the Novice class. Stacie and Jamie had walked me down with Mt Girl to the practice arena. It is an enclosed arena and really nice. Jamie and Stacie were watching me ride and I was feeling so good on Mt Girl. I had ridden around the arena several times and her gait had gotten so much better than it ever had before. It was the best ride I had ever had in my whole life and I was feeling very comfortable and confident.

Suddenly for no apparent reason to me or anyone watching, she jumped sideways and off I went. The rocks in the arena were small and very wet and it was one of my better landings. But when I got up I had rocks all over me and I was wet too. Stacie caught and got on Mt Girl and Jamie walked me to the wash bay where they wash the horses off and helped me get most of the rocks offs of my clothes, arms and hands.

Poor Mt Girl. She shouldn't have to have to put up with such a terrible rider.

At the last horse show that was just held in Winchester, S T showed my yearling filly in the halter class for me. I had planned to show her but the night before I had leg cramps and ask him to show her instead. Larry had told me she was almost too well broke. He commented that she nearly went to sleep in the ring and she just didn't look alert enough to show good.

S T and Flair for Fury came into the arena and she didn't act like the same filly. She was dancing around and didn't want to walk by S T the way I had always seen her do and the way she had been walking by me. She got a little calmer as they walked but when they started to line up nose to tail she reared up a couple of times right in front of the judge. I was thinking that I was glad I was not showing her. And of all the times to rear up, did she have to do it right in front of the judge?

Out of three yearling fillies, she placed 3rd. Later I found out why she was so alert and frisky. To get her to be more alert, they had fed her a nice meal of grain. She was actually eating while they were grooming her for the show ring. So she was on a sugar high. We wanted her more alert but I think that was maybe too alert. So did the judges. So I am sure next time, there will no extra meal right before the class. Although there might be an extra meal in advance of the class. Another experiment gone bad. Something else to laugh about. It was a good idea but it didn't work out as planned.

There is always a good story, something to laugh about at the horse shows. That is one reason I like the shows so much.

I hope you find joy in life and a lot to laugh about. Heaven knows there is also plenty to worry about with out country in such a mess right now. But you know we need to pray about that too.

Have a good Sunday. Go to church and worship. Thank God for what he does in your life and praise him for his loving kindness and goodness to you as well as to our good friend Wilda and her family. God has truly blessed all who know and come in contact with Wilda by touching her with his healing power. I am so grateful she is better and improving.

God bless and keep you in his loving care.

Later

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment