Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hay Update

Pictured is my two year old filly Rockin Andi
Andi is proving how willing to work she is by
walking the obstacle course for her rider. This part of the course is the seesaw. She will walk until it thumps down and then she will calmly step off.


If it can go wrong it will. We started mowing hay on Monday. My old White tractor was really humming along. The disc mower was throwing out hay in it's wake and life was good. I really love mowing the fields whether it is for hay or just to knock down weeds and small brush. Larry, the hay guy, as he is known around here had walked over to where I was mowing and ask how it was going. I said great. He had just had a break down on his tractor. So he was walking a short distance back to his truck. He offered to mow but I was enjoying myself too much to get off of the tractor.



He no sooner walked away until my tractor died. We had some trouble with the tractor last week but Mike, my son and mechanic, thought he had it fixed. I tried and tried to start it again. But to no avail. Larry walked back over to the tractor. He couldn't get it started so although the fuel gage was registering better than half a tank, he measured the fuel. Empty. He put some fuel in and still no sweet hum of the engine.



So yesterday morning Mike once again worked on the tractor. All it needed this time was the lines bled to get the air out. Well gee, who knew you had to refill the fuel tank ever so often. I guess I do now.



Anyway, we are working on the hay field and it is not yet ready to bale because it is still too wet. It is thick and tall. So not until tomorrow.



I was hoping to be leaving home about 1 o'clock tomorrow for the horse show and to get settled into our motel room and get a good night's rest before the start of the busy week end. But now it will be late at night before we leave home. Eleanor will once again be going with me to the horse show. I think she feels it is her duty to keep me out of trouble. You know the older sister thing.



No really, she loves the horses as much as I do. She hates it if we miss a week going to Stanton to the Van Bert Farm and to Cool Shade. She would feel totally left out if I went to a show without her. So as long as I can get her home on Saturday night so she can play the piano on Sunday morning for church, she is with me all the way. So we are looking forward to a nice weekend of watching my horses as well as all the other favorites we have. She loves Toco Dawn and Mercy Me. I love Mercy Me too.

Mercy Me is a mare that is owned by Stephanie Moore and I love the big heart that little mare has. I love to yell "Mercy Me what a mare" when she is in the show ring. Stephanie always gets a big smile when she hears me. I love to see her win because she just seems to put her whole heart into the show.



We also love Venture's Black Fury. He is a nice stallion and he loves peppermint. Eleanor keeps them in her purse just for Fury. She loves to see him eat them. He never loses even a tiny piece of peppermint. So we love the show and the interaction with the horses as well as seeing friends we have made there.



I hope you all get to the horse show this week end. I am expecting to see Jessica there. She said she would be coming in and be staying over for the show. I will have to ask her how she and Mr Twister are getting along. That is her horse in training at Van Bert's and he is a beauty. I think he will be a great horse.

So until then





God bless and keep you in his loving care.





Regards





Mary





For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment