Thursday, July 30, 2009

Where Do They Go?

For two nights now I have been trying to upload pictures to my blog that I took yesterday. One is of Melissa riding in the practice arena at Van Bert's Farm and the other is of Eleanor riding in the barn. They are both good pictures and I really wanted to share them with you. So I went to my picures and hit upload. The symbol whirled around and around and it indicated that pictures were being uploaded but I can't find them now and they did not make it to my post. So the question is, where did they go?

Melissa is 6 and I am so excited. Her mother is so excited as well as Papaw and Granny. Melissa has decided to ride in the next horse show. That will be next week end at the Summer Celebration. I am amazed at how her riding has improved over the summer. I think it was the trail ride. Melissa is so excited about the trail ride she went on a couple of weeks ago. Now she is really pumped about getting out of the arena. She really wanted out of the barn yesterday and before Jamie knew what had happened to him, she was down in the arena riding around by herself.

H T had told Jamie to stay with her but it was soon apparent she was having none of that and away she went around the arena by herself. I hope no one tells her she doesn't have to be afraid in the show ring. I don't think it has occurred to her there is anything to fear.

She knows she will have no easy ribbons this year. Last year on lead line, all she had to do was show up and she won a ribbon and sometimes a trophy. No easy ribbons and trophies this year. She will have to learn to be a good winner and a good loser. Probably the good loser part will come first. She will be competing against some riders who have several years of practice in the show ring. But she is very competitive and she loves winning.

So we are all pumped and excited about Melissa's first real horse show.

We are getting to be a riding family. How much fun is that? It is beginning to come together. It took a while. Natalie is excited about riding now. Mike helped her last time she rode. I am thrilled about Natalie too. Two years ago when she went to the first horse show with me, she had never touched a horse. Then she met and petted Mt Girl at the World Show in Harrodsburg. Then she got to know Butterfly Kisses. She also petted her and almost kicked my rear end when I sold her.

Since then, I have bought several more horses. So I will see you at the World Show in September and I hope to see you at the Summer Celebration next week end. I hope I will be the one leading Flair for Fury in the Yearling Filly Conformation Class. Perhaps, I will be in the winner's circle with her. She has been doing really well this summer. I hope I can keep the trend going with her. She knows a lot more about what she is doing than I do.

Have a good night's rest and God bless and keep you in his loving care.

Later

Mary

Quote for the Day

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."

Ronald W Reagan- President

No comments:

Post a Comment