Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Horse Show

Stacie Tipton of Cool Shade Mountain Horses and Equine Dentists riding WOF Dock's Velvet

Velvet turned 2 years old just shortly before the first show she was in. In her first show she won first place in a nice class of 2-3 year olds in Fletcher N.C. She has done really well already this year.

I am really enjoying my children being here with me. Steve has been busy getting supplies together to get lights back on in my barn. He is tracing the wires to find out which breaker switch operates which set of lights. So he has tracked that all down now and labeled all the switches. Tomorrow he will get the lights back in my barn in working order.

I don't really know what happened to them except they were all working when we moved away and they haven't worked since I have moved back here. So I am looking forward to walking into the barn and being able to turn on lights and have outlets that actually work.

I can't say enough good about my family. They are very good to me. Each in their own way with their own unique set of talents and skills. They all show they love me in every thing they do. I know I could not do what I am doing on the farm without each of them. Thanks to each of them.

I have a new follower. It is my daughter in law, Chrissy. She started reading my blog since they have been here. She liked the pictures I had put on the web of their children. Since they have been here there will be more. The two little ones got to ride today. They rode both Rocky Top Rebel and Natalie's horse, Romeo. Rocky Top was not so nice today. She was all about eating the grass in front of her. And she stepped on my foot. I will get Hobo tomorrow. She is a nice gentle mare.

This afternoon Chris and Stacie called me to give me the results of the show in White Pine Tennessee. I think my horses actually do better when I stay home. Chris and Stacie took 8 horses to Tn. They brought home 13 or 14 first place ribbons and several other ribbons. I am so proud of Stacie. She won the Versatility Award with a perfect score. Congratulations Stacie. They did really well with my two horses too. Stacie won two first place ribbons on two of my horses as part of her versatility.

S T won a first place ribbon with my yearling filly, Flair for Fury. She has won a total of three first places this year already. She is really a sweet little yearling that has a lot of class and style. She is very laid back. I think she will be very nice when she is ready to go under saddle. She is really calm. She has all the attributes that make the Mountain Horses in so much demand.

So we will probably go to the stables soon and collect ribbons. And discuss the show I missed. I really appreciate all the hard work they do to get my horses ready for the shows. I have been around the shows enough to know how much work goes into showing. Van Berts and Cool Shade both have my horses in top condition. I am always pleased with what I see when I visit. S T has done a wonderful job of showing my yearling, Flair for Fury. I am so pleased with the wins we have had this year with her.

This blog will be out of order but it was such a nice pictures of Stacie on WOF Dock's Velvet that I just had to post it. I don't know why it did not get posted when I first wrote it.

The next show we will be going to now is the World Show held in Winchester Ky at the UMH show grounds. I hope many of you get to come out and see the show. This is the best show of the year. It is the grand finale of the show season for the UMH shows. It attracts a lot of horses from all over and the classes are great. To be placed in these classes is wonderful. There are so many good horses and riders that know how to get the best from them.

I hope you can all make it. I will see many of you there and look forward to seeing old friends and catching up.

Later everyone.

God bless and keep you in his loving care.

Regards,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment